Working remotely/paperless is rapidly becoming the tech-savvy way to do business. The accounting/bookkeeping industry is no exception. But is this move suitable for your business? Here are some critical factors to consider and how Quickbooks can help.
1. Increase office efficiency. By pursuing paperless office solutions, you can reduce the influx of paper mail and clear out all the paper cluttering your office. Less paper leads to neater and more efficient working environments for you and your staff.
2. Boost productivity. By saving all your documents digitally, you don’t have to worry about storing paper documents which can take up time and space. A digital document archive that has easy searchability will greatly improve your productivity and that of your staff.
3. Be environmentally friendly. Aside from saving paper, going paperless could also result in lower energy consumption to power fax machines, printers, and copiers.
4. Greater data security. Storing your documents on a local hard drive, CDs, or USB drives is not recommended. Instead, explore options such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or MS OneDrive for your data storage. Cloud storage is much safer compared to local hard drives, especially if your USB stick is stolen or disappears in a natural disaster. There is also no need to worry about data backups, software bugs, operating systems crashing, or user errors. In the cloud, this is all done seamlessly.
If you decide a remote or paperless office is for you, here is how Quickbooks Online can help:
1. Send estimates/invoices and accept payments. Create estimates and turn them into invoices right from your phone. And accept payments on the go. Click here to view how.
2. Capture receipts. Snap and save receipts into Quickbooks Online using your phone. You don’t need to worry about holding onto extra paper.
3. Track income and expenses. Connect your bank account to easily keep track of money in and out—even when you’re out and about.
4. Store to the Cloud. Quickbooks Online automatically saves everything to the cloud so you will always be viewing the most up-to-date data no matter where you are or when you look.
Making the switch to a paperless office can provide several benefits to your small business. Not only can it save you valuable time and money, but it can also grant you the flexibility to run your business from anywhere, with access to essential information whenever you need it. This is particularly advantageous when managing your books. With real-time access to your books, you can make well-informed decisions that can help scale and expand your business.